Friday, August 04, 2006

Jennifer's MY day

Spent the day yesterday with Jennifer, her mom (Dianne), and Stephanie for Jen's birthday. Lotsa fun!
My sis, Stephanie, was soo great to watch Braden for me - she's wonderful!
I droped Braden off and headed to meet the 'girls' at Old Navy. We shopped there a bit, I found a cute 'Keep on Rockin!' shirt for Braden to wear next year and a cute pink shirt for Savanah on clearance.
When we were done there, we all hopped into Dianne's car and went to visit some fancy Eagle shops. One was a curtain shop - each pair was well over $1000! Very beautiful, but not in our budgets. A couple of stores down there was a 'home store' where they sell very fancy decorations for your home. The guy working there offered us all some great tasting Lemonade while we shopped. I loved a lot of the stuff there, but wow - expensive doesn't even begin to describe them...
We hopped back into the car and went to the Trading Places on Chinden. That one was PACKED with furniture! Lots of stuff that I thought was cute...someday. Then we made a quick stop a Krispy Kreme. I mentioned that I had never been 'inside' the store before, so they all decided that we just 'had' to go inside to see. They were making blueberry cake doughnuts when we got there and offered us all a free one to sample! YUM when they are warm. Our next stop was to Rachel's Place. Lots of cute stuff there too.
Then we decided we were ready for lunch so we decided to eat at Whitewater Pizza. It was pretty good. Lots of good conversation.
After lunch we went to this cute new little shop called 'A little something'. I could seriously buy everything in that store - soooo my style! I ended up getting a little black metal 3-plate holder to put on the wall in my scrapbook room to display the cards I've made. I also bought a cute wooden sign that says 'Home is were they love you'. I'm going to go back and get another one that says 'All because two people fell in love' and one that has our last name on it and the year we were married.
Then, since Craft Warehouse is right next door, we had to stop there. I just love to look at the examples in their quilting department. I found the perfect pattern to use for the superman quilt that I'm hoping to make for Braden soon. It's a pretty simple design, but had a heart sewn into the lower corner using ric-rac. I'll do the same thing, but instead of the heart, I'm going to do a big 'B' for Braden. So cute! We also checked out the scrapbooking section where I picked up a hole punch on sale for me and some adhesive for mom.
We then walked over to Deseret Book where I picked up a cookbook that I've been eyeing for a while - it was 50% off! Yea!
So - we spent the entire day shopping and talking - it was great. I finally made it back to Stephanie's house to pick up Braden at 5pm! And didn't make it back home because of traffic until almost 6:30. Yikes.
It was a good day though. I found some really fun stuff. And there's nothing better than hanging out with fun people.
Happy Birthday Jen - thanks for letting me spend the day with you!

No comments: