why my husband is amazing!
As part of a school assignment last week, he was asked to write a letter to a person in his support system that has supported him in school - and he chose to write his letter to me. It made me cry.
"Dear Julee,
Over two years ago I finished a saga of schooling starting three years prior and during that time it felt like school would never end. But through it you supported me and offered optimism when I needed it. Now I begin another period of school with more distractions then before including another child, personal business ventures, and a troubled time for the country and it's way of life. I understand how you must sometimes feel while I seem to spend countless hours working on school. While I may spend time at work everyday and working on school on nights and weekends, I can never compare my work to yours as the mother of our two children. As if just being a mother isn't enough you have amazed me by your achievements to home-school Braden and work part-time from home.
While you may see my schooling as a necessary evil, I pride in your support of me and my aspirations. I appreciate all your support of me and you must know that my purpose in going to school is by no means selfish. I don't have to explain that the fruits of my labors are always to provide for a brighter future for our family. I feel like I'm not going to school alone, but you are there with me and that makes it all the more bearable.
Eternally,
Bob"
Then, yesterday morning, I picked up the Feburary issue of the Ensign on our way to Church and had time to read it a bit before Church began. This article really struck me and gave me some things to think about. I couldn't relate to the whole article, but this paragraph stuck out most to me:
"One morning I was doing laundry when I caught a glance of myself in a mirror. The reflection surprised me. I had not showered or groomed for the day, and as I looked at myself, I thought I was lucky that anyone would want to wake up next to me every day. For the first time, I found myself feeling grateful to my husband for loving me. I examined myself with new eyes and thought about our marriage from his perspective. The revelation that followed had little to do with bad hair and no makeup but much to do with my behavior. I considered all the contention I had introduced into our home. For the first time, I felt real gratitude for my husband—he had continued to love me even though I had been critical and ungrateful."
I have always tried to be showered and dressed by the time Bob gets home from work everyday. I also try to have the house picked up (mostly). But there are many many other aspects of who I am and what I do that I know drive Bob crazy. And I've been complaining a LOT lately about his going back to school.
During the meeting, he got up to bear his testimony and our Relief Society President took note of something he said and chose to mention it in her testimony at the close of the RS meeting. She got up and said that she loved something that Brother Irish had said. Then she looked around the room, found me and said "Julee, oh good, you're here." She said that she heard him say in his testimony that "nothing especially spiritual" had happened to him last week.* She said that while he was speaking she noticed me playing with Mylie and thought that our decision to bring her into this world was spiritual. Then she noticed that when he came to sit back down, he put his arm around my shoulders and that was a spiritual thing as well. I can't remember everything else she said because by then I had to find a tissue because I was crying - and I'm sure that I didn't say what she said exactly.
I KNOW that yesterday was an answer to my prayers - helping me with the frustrations that I have been feeling with Bob going back to school.
These 3 things are more proof that my husband is amazing! Everything he does is for the good of our family and he loves me even though I'm far from perfect.
I love you Bob!
1 comment:
Aren't Irish men amazing!
Sorry I don't have a recipe for the pizza but we can make them together some time!
Post a Comment