Wishing all mothers - a Happy Mother's Day!
My mom - thanks for being the greatest mom a girl could ever ask for! You're an amazing friend, a great example to me, and the best Grammy ever!
Bob's mom - thanks for raising such a wonderful son! You gave me the best gift - an amazing father for my children. You are wonderful and we love you!
I am also grateful for all the other mothers in my life - my sisters, my sisters-in-law, my grandmothers, my friends, my visiting teachers - plus many many more!
My mother's day started yesterday, when Bob took the kids home while I got to go out for a little Girls Only shopping with my Mom, Michaela, and Savanah. We started after the Race for the Cure (which was great!) with lunch at Panda Express. Then we heard about this fun once-a-month sale out in Star, ID called The Red Dresser. Lots of pretty things to see. Mom saw lots of vintage things she remembers using from her childhood. I found an almost-perfect (a bit of ugly brass that I need to find out how to cover up) entry table and decided it needed to come home with me (Happy Mother's day to me!). Mom found a fun black plant holder to give Grandma Johnson for Mother's Day. There were many other fun things that we would have loved to take home with us and I'd love to go back sometime.
On the way back we spotted a sign boasting IDAHO'S LARGEST FLEA MARKET (in Star), so we decided to stop. We paid $1 each to enter and we quickly were dissappointed. It wasn't that big and it smelled nasty (think moldy grass...) and about 15 minutes after we got there, people were starting to pack up for the day. Savanah scored though, she had an older lady just give her a Barbie sticker-making CD for using on her computer, and she found a cute Dora music box for only 50 cents.
Today has been great too! Bob got up with the kids this morning and let me sleep in! While I was sleeping, he fed them, bathed them and got them dressed for church. I ate my favorite cereal (Chocolate Chex) for breakfast and then took a nice long shower. Right now, he's downstairs getting things ready for the lunch Fondue we're taking to his mom's house after church and his dinner assignment (jell-o salad) for tonight at my parent's house. He also put Mylie down for a nap! What a great guy!
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Julee! I am glad that you had a wonderful day.
i love it! I think it is a nice tribute and glad you had such a wonderful day.
Post a Comment