I got the idea from this blog to make these cute cupcake plates using glass plates and candlesticks. What a fun way to recycle something old and turn it into something new and so useful! I visited the DI and Savers (the DI was a LOT cheaper!) and found some fun pieces and made 11 of these:
They were very easy to make - just match up a cute plate with a cute candlestick, lightly rub the places that will attach with some fine sandpaper, apply some E6000 glue and let dry in a well ventilated area.We used all of them on the table scape at Mylie's party and then let each (adult) guest take one home.

8 comments:
What a fun idea for the cupcake stand! And I love her skirt...I want to learn! Man, it's party central over there!
So cute! St. Vincent is another thrift store you might find stuff at or Good Will.
I did go to the Youth Ranch, but can't remember if I found anything good there. The prices at the DI for the plates and candlesticks were half what Savers wanted. Crazy.
Thanks Bree! Yes, it has been party central! 3 Birthdays so close together is very crazy.
What a great idea. They turned out beautiful.
My crafty sister-in-law. You always amaze me!!! They would be super cute to make a little one for a single little cake.
Yes, we will be here on the 2nd. Just let us know. What about this weekend and camping???
Yes, we'll see you this weekend at the campground! It'll be fun!
Post a Comment