The jam that he loves - Strawberry freezer jam - he won't eat anything else with his peanut butter and bread. We ran out last week, but luckily I was buying strawberries on sale in May and June and freezing them. I got them out today and my mom helped me make 2 batches of jam. I'm hoping to do at least 6 more tomorrow. We'll go through it all in a year, mostly because I don't bother buying any other kind of jam - it won't get eaten.
Bob's been busy painting. Conference weekend, he helped my parents to paint their living room and kitchen. Bob got the lovely job of painting the ceilings and then ended up doing a lot of the walls too. He got to earn a some money doing it - and we really appreciated that. He's also been painting a dresser for Braden. We bought a cheap ($10) dresser at the DI last month. Grandpa helped us fix a few drawer problems and then it took us a while to decide what color to paint it. We went with black and bought new silver handles for it - hope to have pictures to share with you soon!
Mylie is just learning and growing so fast! She loves to give kisses, nice big slobbery open mouth ones, but won't give them when asked for. She adores her cousin Jayden and gives him a big hug when she sees him - I think they're going to be great friends! She loves to help out, her favorite chores are putting the clean silverware in the drawer (we then have to put it in the right place) and moving the laundry from the washing machine to the dryer. She is learning how to throw things away, but we have to occasionally discourage her from throwing things away that shouldn't be. She loves her brother and I'll occasionally look over to see her standing behind him, while he plays on the computer, just patting his back. So adorable! I am having a very hard time finding things for her to eat lately - she has started being very picky and decided yesterday that being put in her highchair is torture! What fun.
I'm just staying busy with the normal stuff - typing, mommying, couponing (a little), Braden's homework and helping out his teacher from home. I'm still trying to get the hang of my new calling - such a lot to get used to. A big change from my last calling - my mom has told me a few times that I deserve a challenge...

No comments:
Post a Comment