Our new addition arrived via scheduled induction on Thanksgiving Day at 5:04pm weighing in at 8lbs 1oz and 21 inches long. Very healthy little guy and very loved by his family.
We chose Thanksgiving Day because I was exactly 39 weeks and wanted to avoid another almost 9lb baby (Mylie was 8.14). It worked well with our schedules because everyone had the day off and then we'd have the weekend to recover before everyone going back to work the next week as well as Braden returned to school the next Monday. My dad was great to hang out with the kids on Thanksgiving Day and then my sister, Stephanie, had them Friday morning. The kids got to visit Friday after lunch and then spent the afternoon and dinner-time with Bob's sister, Stephanie and her family and Bob's Mom.
Clark was pretty quiet and just grunting, so the nurse took him over to the warmer and got him screaming.
My mom was brave and attended the Labor and Delivery with Bob and I. My nurse, Candy, is on the left - she was wonderful and kept us very comfortable.
Big boy! 8lbs and almost 1oz. Not as big as everyone guessed though. While the nurse was getting him to scream, my mom had everyone in the room guess how big he was. I guessed the closest at 8lbs 4ozs with my Dr. guessing the most at 8lbs 14ozs.
My push socks. LOL. I pushed so long with the other 2 kids, that I thought it would be fun to have something fun to look at instead of my bare feet. I had Bob pick me up some fun socks from a sock store while he was in Vegas for his conference. Turns out they were lucky socks as I only had to push through 4 contractions!
Not the best picture, but here I am with my new baby boy!
My Dad brought the kids to visit a few hours after Clark was born.
Mylie was so excited to hold the baby and just a little confused about who's baby he was. At first she asked where Kayla was - because she knew that my sister-in-law had just had a baby the week before. She quickly caught on though that this was her baby Clark.
Braden - a big brother again! He is the best helper I could ever ask for. What a great kid!
A lot of visitors showed up at about the same time. A bit overwhelming, but glad they were all excited to see our new little guy.
The nurses waited to bathe Clark until the kids got there so that they could "help".
Here they were feeling how the warmer kept Clark warm during his bath.
They got to help when it was time to wash Clark's head.
They thought it was so fun to be able to be involved in getting their baby brother clean.
Mylie's turn to dry.
All clean! What a handsome guy!
Here we are. So anxious to get home. We were able to leave the hospital about 26 hours after Clark was born. A first for us - we had to stay in the hospital for 3 days with both of the other kids.
Evidently Bob didn't get any pictures of himself with Clark at the hospital and I guess I was a bit too preoccupied to think about it. Hopefully someone visiting got one for us?

1 comment:
He is beautiful! Congrats to you guys!
Post a Comment