Thursday, June 18, 2009

Local Stuff

I got an e-mail that The Stamp Doctor is having a garage sale this weekend - to clear out all of the stuff they have in storage from their store that closed (was in Garden City). If you want to check it out - it's on Saturday and Sunday from 7am - 2pm in Eagle - email me or leave a comment with your e-mail if you'd like the address. I will NOT be going - as I can't remember the last time I scrapbooked or used a stamp... wish I did though.


The best news is that (and I'm probably the last to find out) I saw a sign across the street from Lowes on Eagle Rd - that a HOBBY LOBBY is going to be coming soon! YEEAAAAHHHH! Maybe I could start scrapbooking again before the store opens up sometime in 2010??? I have always heard such great things about Hobby Lobby and can't wait to experience it!


Michaela and I stopped by the Bumble Kids Consignment sale that is going on THIS weekend in the old Norco building behind Sonic in Meridian. Not a lot of great deals - and today was the 1st day of the sale. I'd say that if you want to go - go on Saturday when a lot of things will be 1/2 off (except for things marked "no disc"). I saw an old Gymboree outfit (2001? if I remember correctly) cute - but faded and did I mention OLD? - marked at $10! Whaaaaat? I shop off of Gymboree's sale racks and can usually get NEW outfits for about that or less. Michaela didn't find ANYTHING for her 5 month old boy that was worth the price marked. I picked up one dress shirt for Braden marked $2, and two summery dresses for Mylie for next year $3 & $5 (the $5 one was a bit of a stretch, but it is very cute).

1 comment:

jadell said...

really??? Hobby Lobby??? OOOH, I can hardly wait now! :) What wonderful news! Thanks for the update. Sirah