Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Please

My sister, Nikki, was in town last weekend and worked with Mylie a lot in signing please when she wanted something. Mylie already knew how to sign please, but only really used it when she wanted to. I think Mylie was almost a little overwhelmed that weekend and she just started signing please whenever Nikki said anything to her. Well, it paid off! Mylie will come to me whenever she needs something and signs please two or three times and then points to what she wants. Very cute and I love that it really eliminates a lot (not all) of the whining when she wants something.

Now, next time Nikki comes into town, we should have her work with Mylie on re-learning some other signs that she seems to have lost. What do you think? Oh, I know - how about potty training??? Are you up for it Nik?

4 comments:

niktrick said...

HA! How about no on that one? But I could work on the other signs... :)

Elizabeth said...

That's awesome. Rachel and Jared really worked with Emily alot on please when she was little too.
JJ has just recently started using all of his signs too. He gets really mad though if I don't give him what he is asking for. It is kind of funny.

The Beus Family said...

Love love love baby sign. And does this move mean you will be closer. I hope so it realy has been too long and that little girl is so cute.

Julee said...

Roz! I miss you too!! We'll be a bit closer - on the west side of Meridian. We should meet up at a park sometime!