Thursday, October 02, 2008

I've been converted!

to baby-wearing! I've been eyeing slings at this website for a LONG time, but they were way out of my budget. Then one day before Princess was born, I found one of these used at Other Mothers and decided that I'd give it a try. After she was born, I used it a couple of times and it was great. We used it for going to a movie and while making cookies. Then I realized one BIG problem - I could NOT get it on without help. The Moby Wrap is great, but too long to wrestle with while holding an infant. So I went back to looking for a good sling.
And then one day the sun shined down on me and I found a perfect Hotsling on Craigslist! It is just the color I hoped for - brown and neutral (kind of like this, but not sateen) and was the size I needed. Perfect. It's amazingly easy to get on and get her in. And we use it A LOT! It's wonderful being able to HOLD my baby, while having 2 hands/arms to do other things. I can hold her while typing on the computer, eating, shopping and she LOVES it. She can sit up when she's awake and when she falls asleep I slide the sling a bit and she's laying down. It's awesome!

No comments: